Saturday, January 26, 2008

Comments on Amelie

I enjoyed the film we watched (except for the nudie parts...) The colors were interesting in the film. I noticed that anything that had to do with Amelie was red. Her apartment was full of red and she always had red on her clothes. There was also a lot of green, although I couldn't place a pattern for that. Those colors were very saturated, perhaps for emphasis. I liked the muted tones. It made the movie hard to place time wise, sort of making it timeless. I thought it was interesting how they mentioned Princess Di's death, which was fairly recent, and then showed a black and white rickety video of Amelie's supposed death from exhaustion. These things also make the film hard to place time wise. It had a nostalgic feel to it. I had to stifle myself during the viewing because the movie made me a little giddy towards the end, and I tend to jump around and get overexcited watching movies. How embarrassing.

No comments: